Thursday, May 24, 2018

TGIFF - Wonton

Welcome once again to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, being hosted here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

TGIFF is your opportunity to showcase your finishes from this week and to see what other great projects have been created.



This is my version of the Wonton pattern by Jaybird Quilts.


I couldn't find backing fabric in my stash that worked, so I used mint green minky.  It's soooo very soft.


Because the prints were busy, I did a simple all-over loop quilting motif in yellow thread.


I had trouble squaring the sides, and my version ended up being 49 x 61 inches.  The pattern said it should have been 54 x 63 inches.  Still haven't figured out how I lost 2 inches in the length, but assuming the quilting shrunk it.


There was no plan for this quilt, but it may be my new sofa quilt.


This is one of my FAL 2018 Q2 goals.

Now it's time for you to link up your finishes from this week.  Link up your blog post showing your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include the TGIFF button or link in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.




Here are other ways you can share your finish:

Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


11 comments:

  1. Congrats on pretty finish! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting and trimming can shrink a quilt a lot, and if the Minky was stretched at all it might have contracted a bit after quilting, too. I love that the yellow thread blends in so well and I bet that is going to be a great, soft, and snuggly sofa quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! Love the colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another fun quilt Anja. The fabric is so lively.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A soft snuggly lap quilt who could resist keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always love yellow and grey and this quilt hits that spot! Beautifully done Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Anja. I have a couple of questions - I bought some kinky (in a very similar green by the way). Thought it would be fun to do a whole cloth quilt and just back it with minky because it would be a great couch quilt - so soft. But I am nervous to tackle it because I have not quilted on minky before. Any tips? For basting and/or quilting? Also, did you still put batting between the layers? That seems like it could make it very thick? Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the yellow and grey combination. Beautiful quilt, Anja!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour combo on this one and the green minky on the back makes it look sooooo snuggly! I have the same questions as Bernie above. Any tips for quilting minky fabric? i’ve been wanting to try it, especially for baby quilts, but I’m nervous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt! I have never used minky for a backing, was it difficult to use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.