Friday, September 22, 2017

TGIFF - Finally Finished

This quilt has been in progress since March.  Thankfully, the customer didn't need it finished quickly.  It feels good to have a finish.

This is my third finish for Finish Along 2017 Q3.  I posted my Q3 goals here.  I only have one more week to finish the last project.  I have high hopes of finishing in time, but I'm not holding my breath.  😊

I haven't been blogging much (or staying on top of blog reading) because of a busy work schedule.  But I have been quietly and slowly sewing in the background.


The first two times I made this quilt, I quilted straight lines on either side of all seams.  No time for that much work, so organic wavy lines in grey thread.



I used the following Kona colours: Cactus, Carrot, White, Daffodil, Chartreuse, Iron, Malibu, Jamaica, Deep Blue, and Black.  I Kona.




If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Slice of Pi Quilts
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 

10 comments:

  1. Nice finish! I bet it feels really good to have that one done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! I love how you added just a bit of red into the quilt top, it really makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! One week, one project you've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great finish! Love that pop of red! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange is like the life raft in the middle of ocean blues. Or someone really likes orange :-D It is simple and pretty. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pops of Carrot are so fun and satisfying. Hooray for a finish and patient customer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, Anja! The wavy quilting looks just right. Your signature pop of orange is a great touch too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the pop of orange - stripy quilts are some of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous finish - makes me think of exotic beaches! On behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts, thank you for taking part in this quarter's Finish Along

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.